Dental implants are considered the best replacement for natural teeth. They are surgically placed to provide a comfortable, life-changing natural fit. Implants may prove to not only be the best option but less expensive in the long run. Listed below are the top five benefits of choosing dental implants.
- Longevity and durability: For multiple reasons, implants are the most long-lasting option for replacing natural teeth. For example, partial dentures and full dentures typically need to be replaced, relined, or repaired throughout their 5–10-year lifespan. With good oral hygiene and regular dental care, an implant can last your lifetime.
- Preserves the jawbone: Bone will thrive around the roots of a healthy tooth, however, once that tooth is missing bone loss begins to occur. An implant will simulate the missing root, preserving the bone.
- Function: Implants will not hinder your speech patterns or pronunciation as some dentures can. Implants will also allow you to eat those foods that partial and denture wearers avoid. You can enjoy an apple, a piece of corn on the cob or a steak with confidence.
- Avoids unnecessary treatment: An implant can be restored without compromising any adjacent teeth. When choosing a bridge to restore a missing tooth the teeth on both sides will have to be prepped and altered. A partial may also negatively affect the surrounding teeth.
- Most natural replacement: Implants have transformed restoration more than any other dental advancement. There is no other method that truly mimics the natural tooth other than an implant.
Dr. Bayette understands that losing a tooth or teeth can be a real blow to your confidence and self-esteem. His goal is to not only give you functionality but to restore your dental health and confident smile. He looks forward to answering all your questions to ensure that you are a well-informed patient. Please call our office in San Diego, CA at 619-298-9839 to schedule your consultation.