Reclaim Your Healthy Smile With Our Mission Valley Dentist
If you struggle with teeth affected by cavities or decay, you know how difficult it can be to enjoy a meal or smile with confidence. At the dental office of Dr. Vaheed Bayette, we offer durable dental fillings to restore and protect teeth from cavities and further harm. Our dentist near Mission Valley, CA, can fill cavities with natural-looking composite resin for results you’ll love.
What Are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings replace small amounts of missing or damaged tooth structures from decay, cracks, or chips. It utilizes tooth-colored resin to fill in unwanted gaps and restore your tooth’s appearance and bite force. Composite resin allows for a natural-looking restoration that can last for years with proper care.
Benefits of Dental Fillings
Dental fillings come with a host of benefits, including:
- Natural Appearance: Our dentist in Mission Valley will ensure your fillings blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth.
- Durability & Longevity: With proper care, dental fillings can last up to 15 years before needing replacements and won’t break down over time.
- Short Treatment Time: Depending on your needs, you can receive a filling in one visit to our San Diego dental office.
- Preserves Tooth Structure: Dental fillings can preserve your natural tooth structure for optimal oral health.
- Mercury-Free: Mercury is a common element in metal fillings that can stain your teeth and gums and even hurt your overall health over time. Composite fillings don’t contain mercury, protect your health, and are better for your smile’s image.
Candidacy for Dental Fillings
Dental fillings are a versatile treatment ideal for patients struggling with:
- Sensitive teeth
- Persistent toothaches
- Decayed teeth
- Broken teeth
- Lost or broken fillings
If you suspect you need a dental filling, schedule a consultation with Dr. Bayette to learn if they’re suited for your needs. Our restorative dentist in San Diego will evaluate your oral health to determine the best action to restore and protect your oral health.
The Dental Fillings Process
Here’s a general overview of what you can expect during the filling process:
- Preparation: Before the filling process begins, Dr. Bayette will numb the area around the tooth to minimize any discomfort. Once the tooth is numb, she’ll gently remove the decayed part of the tooth.
- Filling placement: After removing any decayed tissue from the tooth, your dentist will clean out the cavity and place the composite filling material. The composite resin will be set with a light that allows it to dry quickly. Once the filling is in place, she’ll shape and polish it to blend in with the rest of the tooth.
- Aftercare: It’s normal to feel some sensitivity in the tooth for a few days after your treatment. Dr. Bayette will give you aftercare instructions and may prescribe pain medication if needed. It’s crucial to follow these instructions and contact your dentist if you have any questions or concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
With proper maintenance, composite dental fillings can last up to 15 years. To get the most out of your restoration, practice good at-home oral hygiene and attend biannual appointments for regular exams and cleanings. At these routine visits, your dentist will evaluate your oral health and dental restorations to ensure everything is in order.
No, receiving dental fillings is a virtually painless process. Your dentist will administer a local anesthetic so you won’t feel pain while filling your cavity. It’s normal to experience mild discomfort once the numbness subsides, but this soreness will fade after a few days.
Most dental insurance providers cover the cost of dental fillings. Contact your insurance company beforehand to learn more about your plan’s benefits. If you need help covering treatment expenses, ask your dentist if their office offers financing options.
Dental fillings can be made from various materials. Composite resin will ensure a natural-looking appearance. While silver (amalgam) and other metal-based filings might last longer, they’re much more noticeable. Metal fillings may break down, negatively affecting your health and staining your teeth over time. Ask your dentist which type of filling is best for you.
Prevent Future Oral Health Problems With Dental Fillings
Don’t let cavities stand in the way of your oral health. At the dental office of Dr. Vaheed Bayette, we offer natural-looking composite dental fillings to complete your smile and rejuvenate its functionality. See why patients in Mission Valley, Lemon Grove, and surrounding San Diego areas trust Dr. Bayette with their smiles.