Restore Your Confidence with High-Quality Dentures
At Vaheed Bayette, DDS Family Dentistry, our San Diego dentist, Dr. Vaheed Bayette, specializes in creating beautiful, functional smiles for our patients. We understand the importance of having a complete, healthy set of teeth. For those who have lost teeth due to injury, decay, or aging, dentures are an excellent option for restoring their smile and confidence.
We offer a range of denture options tailored to each patient’s unique needs and preferences. Whether you’re missing one tooth or many, our team is here to help you achieve a comfortable, natural-looking smile with dentures.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are a dental appliance designed to replace missing teeth. They can be made of acrylic, porcelain, or a combination of both. Dentures are customized to fit the patient’s mouth and are removable, making them easy to clean and maintain. There are two main types of dentures: full dentures and partial dentures.
Full dentures are a popular dental prosthetic used to replace a full set of missing teeth. They’re custom-made to fit the patient’s mouth and designed to look and function like natural teeth. Full dentures are typically made of acrylic or porcelain and can be removable or fixed.
If you’re missing one or more teeth but still have some healthy teeth remaining, partial dentures may be a great option for you. Partial dentures are dental prosthetics designed to replace missing teeth while also preserving the remaining healthy teeth. They’re personalized for your mouth and can be removable or fixed.
The Benefits of Dentures
Dentures offer numerous benefits, including:
- Improved appearance: Dentures can replace missing teeth and restore your smile, improving your appearance and boosting your confidence.
- Enhanced speech: Missing teeth can affect your speech and make it difficult to pronounce certain words. Dentures can help improve your speech and make it easier to communicate.
- Better chewing ability: Missing teeth can make it challenging to eat certain foods. Dentures can restore your ability to chew, helping you enjoy a wider variety of foods.
- Preservation of remaining teeth: Partial dentures can help preserve your remaining natural teeth by providing support and preventing them from shifting out of place.
- Improved oral health: Dentures can help improve your oral health by filling gaps left by missing teeth, preventing bacteria from accumulating and causing gum disease and other oral health issues.
The Dentures Process
The procedure for getting dentures typically involves several steps. First, our San Diego dentist will take impressions of the patient’s mouth to create a custom mold. The mold will be sent to a dental laboratory, where the dentures will be created. Dr. Bayette may also take measurements of the patient’s jaw to ensure the dentures fit properly.
Once the dentures are created, the patient will return to the dentist for a fitting. The dentist will make any necessary adjustments to ensure that the dentures fit comfortably and securely. The patient will also receive instructions on how to care for their dentures, including how to clean and store them.
Maintaining Your Dentures
Maintaining your dentures is crucial to ensure they last as long as possible and continue to function properly. Here are some tips for maintaining your dentures:
- Clean them daily: Just like natural teeth, dentures need to be cleaned daily to remove plaque, bacteria, and food debris. Use a soft-bristled brush and mild soap or denture cleaner to clean your dentures, and rinse them thoroughly with water.
- Handle with care: Dentures can be delicate and may break or crack if dropped or mishandled. Always handle your dentures with care, and avoid using hot water or abrasive cleaners that can damage them.
- Soak overnight: Dentures should be soaked in water or a denture cleaning solution overnight to keep them moist and clean.
- Visit your dentist regularly: It’s important to have your dentures checked regularly by your dentist to ensure that they still fit and function correctly.
- Practice good oral hygiene: Even if you have dentures, it’s still important to practice good oral hygiene to keep your mouth healthy. Brush your gums, tongue, and the roof of your mouth with a soft-bristled brush, and rinse your mouth with water after eating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can eat normally with dentures! While it may take some time to adjust to eating with dentures, most people can eat a wide variety of foods comfortably with their dentures. It’s important to start with softer foods and cut them into smaller pieces to make them easier to chew. As you become more comfortable with your dentures, you can gradually start eating firmer and tougher foods. You should also avoid sticky or hard foods that can damage your dentures.
When you first get dentures, it’s common to experience some discomfort or soreness as your mouth adjusts to the new appliance. However, with time and practice, most people find that their dentures become more comfortable to wear. It’s important to work closely with your dentist to ensure your dentures fit properly and are adjusted as needed to minimize discomfort.
Dentures can last anywhere from five to 10 years before they need replaced, depending on several factors. Factors that can affect the lifespan of your dentures include the type of dentures, how well they are cared for, and changes in the shape of your mouth over time. It’s important to have your dentures checked regularly by your dentist to ensure a good fit and function.
Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Bayette
Dentures are an excellent option for restoring your smile and improving your oral health, and with proper care and maintenance, they can last for several years. At Vaheed Bayette Family Dentistry in San Diego, CA, we’re dedicated to providing our patients with high-quality dentures that are comfortable, functional, and long-lasting.
Contact us today at (619) 901-0708, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a consultation and learn more about our denture options. We look forward to helping California patients in San Diego, Chula Vista, Bay Park, and the surrounding areas achieve the smile of their dreams!